The strength of your PTA lies in its membership—the parents, teachers, school administrators, business leaders, and community members who devote themselves to making a positive difference in the lives of children. Members are the lifeblood of PTSA and provide the passion, leadership, and hard work needed to fulfill PTA’s Mission.
What is PTSA? Why join PTSA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- . There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- . The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- . PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- . By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- . PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- . By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTSA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- . By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities— are invited to join our not-for-profit parent association. For more information on joining the Seattle Council PTSA, please use our contact page.